Undercover Angel Reinvention Excerpt
Monday, June 2, 2008

“If you came here because you want to wear a badge and carry a gun and arrest people, you can march right out that back door and go back where you came from. We’re not looking for police men and women who want to be John Wayne and brag to their buddies about how many fights they got into and how many times they got to pull their gun.”


There was that gun thing again. This time I knew full well I was choosing a career that may require me to kill or be killed. It was a far cry from the princess life I thought I’d lead. Again it felt like I was bartering for something that would give me freedom—freedom from Tony, that is.


Although I felt pulled toward becoming a police officer to make a difference, there was no denying that I banked on it being the self-esteem builder I was looking for to leave my emotionally and physically abusive husband. I categorize this reinvention as one chosen by both cause and effect of my circumstances. There’s nothing wrong with stepping into another place in your life because a situation dictates the reinvention. As I’ve said before, the important thing is making the most from the time you spend in your new space.


To watch the Undercover Angel-Video Book trailer, click here.

Lisa Lockwood is a Speaker, Author & Reinvention Expert
She can be reached at Lisa@LisaLockwood.com www.LisaLockwood.com

(This piece is copyrighted; please credit the author if you intend to use it.)

Technorati Profile

Labels: , , ,

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Sign Up for Free Lisa Lockwood Success Coaching & Newsletter
Sign Up for Free Lisa Lockwood Success Coaching & Newsletter
Secrets of the Millionaire MindWomen for Hire, Professional NetworkView Lisa Lockwood's profile on LinkedIn

Domestic Violence Hotline
1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
National Child Abuse Hotline
1-800-4-A-CHILD
Sexual Assault Hotline
1-800-656-4673