Undercover Angel Reinvention Excerpt
Monday, May 26, 2008

I’d done it! I was off to the Chicago Police Academy one week later. Mom was beside herself. I had caused her so much anxiety already with my Desert Storm experience. My actions were always the opposite of what she expected of me. If I didn’t know any better, I would have guessed that she and Tony were co-conspirators in a plot to hold me back from a life of independence.


Following in the tradition of my Air Force battle-dress camouflage, the private security uniform, and the oh-so-flattering blue dispatcher polyesters, I now proudly donned the infamous brown khakis and Navy-style cap for the police academy. Talk about self-imposed fashion masochism! Was this the same girl who competed for Miss Illinois? The academy was as severe as the military regarding women who attempted to look like women. Make-up and jewelry were not permitted, nor was hair allowed to hang outside the cap.


Yes, I'd done it again, reinvented into a police cadet...little did I know what that one choice would have in store me...stay tuned!


Remember to set aside a quiet Memorial DAy moment for our American Veterans and our current heroes serving our Great Country Today!


Lisa Lockwood is a Speaker, Author & Reinvention Expert
She can be reached at Lisa@LisaLockwood.com www.LisaLockwood.com

(This piece is copyrighted; please credit the author if you intend to use it.)

Labels: , ,

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Sign Up for Free Lisa Lockwood Success Coaching & Newsletter
Sign Up for Free Lisa Lockwood Success Coaching & Newsletter
Secrets of the Millionaire MindWomen for Hire, Professional NetworkView Lisa Lockwood's profile on LinkedIn

Domestic Violence Hotline
1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
National Child Abuse Hotline
1-800-4-A-CHILD
Sexual Assault Hotline
1-800-656-4673